When I began my role as a Marriage Celebrant, I decided I wanted to create wedding ceremonies as individual as the people who have given me the honour of conducting their ceremony. I have interviewed many couples and this has proved to me that no two couples are alike or desire the exact, same ceremony as anyone else.
Types of Ceremonies I can perform include:
I strive to find those personal words that will create a special ceremony, individually tailored to each couple. To do this I ask all my couples to fill out a pre-marriage questionnaire, answering questions about themselves. This questionnaire gives me a fantastic insight into their personal history and I use this information to write a story about each couple that is then included into their ceremony. I find this story helps to add interest for your family and friends and relaxes the atmosphere of your special day. I only use the information provided and each couple always has the final word on what is included into their story.
I will also assist you with choosing the important aspects of your ceremony including any cultural influences you may like to incorporate. You will be provided with a basic ceremony plan that is based on the requirements of Australian Law. Then, I will provide two booklets with several choices of readings, vows, the asking etc, so that each couple can choose the words that best reflects their personalities. You may also want to include your own especially written vows or poetry.
My Wedding Services Include:
- My fee is all inclusive, with no hidden added extras.
- I am willing to travel to most areas of South Australia and distance doesn’t attract any extra costs to you. Interstate travel is by arrangement.
- I take great pride in delivering a well spoken and individually tailored ceremony. I have several options that you may want to include into your ceremony, such as the ‘Sands Ceremony’, ‘Warming of the Rings, Unity Candle’, and many others.
- I will make sure to arrive 30 minutes before your ceremony start time, and will never risk overbooking myself, putting your ceremony at risk.
- I will be well presented in suitable attire for your ceremony.
- I will be available to meet with you as many times as you need in order to make sure that all aspects of your ceremony are to your liking. A rehearsal can be conducted prior to your wedding day if you feel this is necessary. Also included are as many phone calls, faxes, emails and letters as needed.
- I have an excellent PA system, with both a lapel and a handheld microphone. It also includes a CD and tape player to play your music if the ceremony is outdoors and power is not available. I have a good sized signing table, with several different table dressing options, and two covered chairs, for that all important moment when you will sign the paperwork to make your union official.
- You will be given a presentation Marriage Certificate, beautifully filled out using Calligraphy penmanship.
- I will be responsible for the lodgment of all legal paperwork after the ceremony.
- After the ceremony, I will post to you a presentation copy of your ceremony for a keepsake.
Procedure prior to your wedding
Our first meeting will be to discuss your wedding ceremony details, which usually takes approximately 45 minutes to 90 minutes. This meeting usually takes place in my office, but I am flexible and can meet with you at your home or somewhere in between if distance is an issue.
At this time we will get to know each other over a cup of coffee and discuss your ideas on how you want your ceremony to be performed. I am available after hours and on weekends if this is more convenient for you.
I will give you information regarding how a legal marriage ceremony must be conducted according to Australia law. We will discuss the ‘Code of Conduct’ for marriage celebrants and I will give you a brochure entitled ‘Happily Ever... Before and After’ that holds valuable information regarding taxation, wills, joint ownership, legal obligations and marriage education.
If you intend to retain me as your Celebrant, we will go ahead and fill in the ‘Notice of Intention to Marry’ (form 13). This legal form must be started at least one month and one day before your wedding date, and is valid for eighteen months. This form will remain in my possession until after the ceremony, at which time I will post this and other legal forms relating to your marriage, to the Department of Births, Deaths and Marriages, to officially register your marriage.
At the first meeting I will need to sight both original birth certificates, either full or extract, and if necessary, divorce papers, death certificates or passports.
Finally, I require a deposit in order to secure the date of your wedding. Please be aware that if I have more than one enquiry for a certain date and time, then I will give preference to the couple who have paid their deposit first. The balance of payment will be due three weeks before the ceremony date.
I hope the information on this page is helpful to you. Of course, we can discuss much more at our first meeting.
If you are interested in meeting with me to discuss your ceremony, please contact me using my details below. I am usually contactable by mobile during the day, and at home after 7pm in the evening.
Sandra Sullivan cmc
Ph: 8522 6336
Mb: 0417 806 063
Member of the Australian Federation of Civil Celebrants